Nicholas M. Testa Jr.
Nick is an experienced senior executive, consultant, and educator able to solve complex problems at both multi-billion dollar global firms and closely held entrepreneurial enterprises. Nick’s expertise spans the entire supply chain to include inventory, warehousing, logistics, and operations systems. He helps develop strategies, improve operations, minimize inventories, increase flow and efficiency, and maximize client service. Nick is an implementer, integrator, and trainer of tools for Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Process Improvement, Management Information Systems, Customer Relationship Management, and “World Class” techniques of The Theory of Constraints, ERP, Lean, Six Sigma, and related statistical tools.
Nick works effectively with senior management and staff across production, engineering, accounting, marketing and sales, and information technology. He has led business solutions in various industries with significant experience in:
- Consumer Products
- Medical Devices
Nick’s senior management expertise, including as vice president of operations and president of manufacturing and consulting companies, has been applied to:
- Selection, implementation, and integration of JD Edwards, Sage, Oracle and other ERP systems.
- Lean training and implementation, Lean Office, Value Stream Mapping, and Voice of the Customer.
- Theory of Constraints, constraints management, and root cause analysis.
- Delivery of strategic, tactical and integrated solutions in:Process redesign and system implementation for parts management of a billion dollar electronics firm.
- Enterprise systems of a major agribusiness firm
- Development of a product line for a high technology firm.
- Software selection for a jewelry manufacturing and distribution company.
Nick served as President and Chairman of APICS and in a wide variety of international, national, and local positions, including as chair of the APICS Annual International Conference. He is a Master Instructor for various APICS and college technical and management subjects. Nick holds APICS’s CFPIM, CSCP, and CIRM, a CSUF Certificate in Production and Inventory Control, and a Jonah from the Goldratt Institute. He obtained his MBA from the University of Southern California and Bachelors’ in Physics from the University of Santa Clara.