Kevin W. Pendergest, CPA
CFO Services, Interim Management, M&A, Turnaround/Restructuring, Healthcare Specialist
Kevin Pendergest is a seasoned financial executive with over thirty-five years of senior management experience and expertise in financial, operational, and board positions. He has worked with both private and publicly traded companies in healthcare, manufacturing, and various service industries.
In addition to having been a Deloitte Consulting Partner, he served as CFO of several publicly traded companies, ranging in size from early-stage and entrepreneurial to over $2 billion in revenues. Kevin has managed growth for such companies with sales increases from $20M to $500M in four years to successfully executed IPOs. He has provided interim CFO/COO, M&A, and other consulting services for companies dealing with issues involving growth, financing, profitability, financial restructuring, and enterprise value enhancement.
Kevin has significant M&A and corporate finance experience that includes over 40 merger and acquisition transactions totaling over $1 billion in value. He completed over 20 transactions that involved sourcing, negotiating, financing, due diligence, and post-merger integration over a five-year period. Fortune Magazine recognized Kevin as the CFO of the 2nd and 4th fastest growing public company in consecutive years. He has also completed over $1 billion in private and/or public equity and debt financings.
In his CFO roles, Kevin has managed all areas of financial operations including accounting, financial planning and reporting, corporate finance, treasury, tax, risk management, reimbursement, MIS, purchasing and internal audit. In those roles, he accomplished the following:
- Rebuilt the entire financial management team and upgraded the financial systems of a rapidly growing company to position it for both an IPO and successful integration of over 20 acquisitions.
- Directed implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404 compliance internal control processes.
- Managed multiple lender relationships and investor related activities.
- Improved internal and external reporting and metrics tracking processes to reduce financial closings.
Over 35 years, Kevin has honed his expertise in several healthcare sectors that include:
- Post-acute care
- Senior living
- Institutional pharmacies
- Infusion therapy
- Rehab therapy
- Home Health and Hospice
- Acute care
He has worked with numerous manufacturers, including:
- Large auto (Nissan)
- Rubber products division of a large tire company (Goodyear)
- Largest interior airplane lighting
- Computer components
- Machine tool
- Mining machinery equipment
- Centrifugal force machine
Kevin earned his CPA while with Big 4 firm Deloitte and his Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting from the University of Dayton.