Rob has nearly 25 years of operations, management consulting, finance and accounting experience for both public and private companies ranging in size from entrepreneurial to over $1 billion in revenues. He has extensive experience in direct to consumer strategy and operations, business process improvement, ERP evaluation and integration (including implementation of Business Intelligence systems), financial/ accounting integrations, and strategic and financial planning in the following areas:
- Wholesale and retail distribution
In addition to substantial experience in mergers and acquisitions, Rob’s expertise includes:
- Mergers & acquisitions, involving both transactional due diligence and post-acquisition integration
- Domestic and international finance and accounting
- Technical accounting and reporting, e.g., SEC reporting, revenue recognition, Sarbanes Oxley compliance and taxation
- Strategic planning, marketing assessments, product repositioning, and enterprise risk management
- Financial restructuring and operational turnarounds
Significant accomplishments include:
- $400 million division of $11 billion apparel and footwear conglomerate – Restructured foreign operations; converted in-house distributors to sales agents; performed due diligence of a $775 million acquisition; directed financial and operational planning and analysis, accounting, taxation and treasury management (including FOREX hedging/ planning/ transfer pricing, etc.
- $100 million lifestyle apparel wholesale and retail company – Completed recapitalization; substantiated valuation; executed new retail strategy involving E-commerce and new retail locations; finalized negotiations with landlords; restructured multiple commonly owned companies and repositioned brands to increase shareholder value; developed strategic plan for business-to-business and direct-to-consumer channels; and restructured supply chain.
- $100 million Juniors and Missy apparel wholesale and retail company – Integrated two separate entities; redesigned ERP system, financial reporting, reorganized operations and finance departments; developed liquidity tools and metrics; and negotiated pricing with strategic vendors.
- Sporting goods wholesaler/retailer – Managed finance, sales, operations, and administrative staff of 25; directed accounting and financial reporting, planning and analysis, taxation and treasury management.
- $32 billion digital television entertainment company – Participated in integration of two major acquisitions; liaison to marketing and programming departments in critical business decisions such as pricing, programming, and packaging of services to include competitor and benchmarking analyses.
Rob is a CPA and was an audit manager with Arthur Andersen. He holds a B.S. in Business Administration/Accounting from San Diego State University.