PMP, CLP, CLOP, ITIL
Mike Beard is a certified Project Management Professional (“PMP”), Certified Lean Practitioner (“CLP”), Certified Lean Office Practitioner (“CLOP”), and Certified in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (“ITIL”). He has over 30 years of tactical, management and leadership positions in Fortune 100 corporations, private companies, government municipalities, defense contractors, as well as small to mid-sized enterprises. He has extensive experience in program management, manufacturing, product support and logistics, information technology, outsourcing, procurement and contracting. Mike has applied his expertise across a broad industry base, including:
- Financial Services
Mike’s senior management and consulting experience include:
- Deputy Director of the Program Office for McDonnell Douglas, delivering strategic, tactical and integrated solutions.
- Interim VP/COO at an electronics company with direct responsibility for project management office, legal, quality, warehouse, human resources, and accountability for integrated operations.
- 15 years of operational management throughout Southeast Asian countries including assessing establishment of aerospace industry infrastructure in Malaysia.
- Expert consulting in Program Management Office (PMO) implementation, infrastructure development, audits/assessments, benchmarking, human resource capacity planning, enterprise risk management, Lean operations, and integrated portfolio management.
- Start-up of a medical device company to include corporate infrastructure, quality management, information technology, procurement, and engineering/R&D, and program management.
Mike has been a Project Management certificate program instructor of a series of practical classes founded on business resilience, integration, efficiency, and leadership-team development. He was also a former instructor at the University of California Irvine (“UCI”) and California State University Fullerton (“CSUF”) extended education programs.
Mike is licensed by the FAA as an Aircraft Airframe & Power plant (“A&P”) mechanic. He holds a BS from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, has a Certificate in Project Management from University of California Irvine, and a certificate in Business Continuity Planning from California State University Fullerton.