Ki Yom, CPA
Mergers & Acquisitions, Due Diligence, Interim Management
Ki Yom is a seasoned professional with over 20 years of experience in accounting and consulting, capital raising and investment banking. He has nearly 10 years in public accounting as a manager in Big Four CPA firms in addition to both public and private companies as director and interim operations CFO. He also spent nearly 10 years in Wall Street investment banking firms specializing in M&A and capital raising.
Ki advises clients in M&A and capital markets transactions, including performing M&A quality of earnings / due diligence. He has advanced financial modeling skills with the ability to build complex models and perform valuation analysis (i.e. DCF, comps, IPO valuation). He also provides CFO/controllership services and serves in interim management roles. His projects involve special situations, corporate restructurings, recaps, bankruptcies, turnarounds and special situations.
Ki has obtained diverse experience across multiple industries, including:
- Consumer Products & Retail (i.e. Food/Restaurants, Apparel, Personal Care Products)
- Industrials / Manufacturing / Distribution
- Real Estate
- Financial and Business Services
Ki has advised clients in executing a wide range of mergers & acquisitions and corporate finance transactions for large-cap and middle market companies covering a wide range of industries. He has worked for such large bulge-bracket firms as Morgan Stanley, UBS Investment Bank, and Bear Stearns & Co. He has executed both buy and sell side M&A transactions, worked with financial sponsors and abroad in Asia executing international cross border M&A deals. Transaction experience also includes leveraged buy-outs, corporate restructurings and recaps, asset purchases and divestitures, joint ventures, strategic alliances and special situations. Selected transactions include:
- Advisor to major international toy company for add-on acquisitions, including merger discussions with a major, large cap European based toy manufacturer
- Actively managed sell-side transaction for a publicly traded $500 million specialty coffee retailer, analyzing strategic alternatives for its mid cap, non-core retail store business
- Led execution team on two cross-border M&A transactions in the small cap medical device space
- Executed a $2 billion senior unsecured credit facility for a large cap multi-billion dollar aerospace & defense company
- Managed a $450 million financing recap for a mid-cap consumer company specializing in personal care products
- Spearheaded a $60 million capital raise for a major U.S. financial institution involving domestic and international investors
- Advised distressed telecom on capital structure considerations and a deleveraging plan which included workout to significantly reduce debt
- Advised the management team and board of directors of a major multi-billion dollar west coast fast food restaurant chain on M&A defense from an unsolicited public offer by an activist hedge fund
Ki also served as a transactions manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers in the M&A due diligence group where he provided buy-side due diligence to strategic and financial buyers, including:
- Analyzed financial and operational results of target companies and identified business and investment risks for strategic acquirers and private equity firms
- Identified deal issues which resulted in adjustments to purchase price and meaningful savings to clients of between $2MM to $10MM on average per deal
- Assisted in business/financial due diligence with the preparation of Quality of Earnings reports
Ki was an audit manager Ernst & Young who led numerous IPO audits with technology and internet client base clients. He also has prepared SEC public filing documents (Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, S-1, S-3) and served within a publicly traded company as the director of financial reporting, accounting, and finance. Responsibilities included the following:
- Served as interim CFO of a healthcare company that operated skilled nursing facilities; led fund raising, M&A activity and managed all aspects of financial accounting (AP, AR, Payroll, Operations)
- Served as director for a $2 billion market cap publicly traded real estate investment trust
- Prepared financial packages for boards, management, research analysts, and rating agencies
- Identified and resolved technical accounting issues.
- Implemented internal controls and process improvements.
Ki is a Certified Public Accountant in the state of California. He received his M.B.A from the UCLA Anderson School of Management with a focus in finance. He also graduated from UCLA with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Economics.