John Oliver, CPA
CFO Services - Carveouts, Mergers & Acquisitions, Due Diligence, GAAP/IFRS; Manufacturing
John has nearly 30 years of operations, management consulting, finance and accounting experience for both public and private companies ranging in size from entrepreneur to over $1 billion in revenues. His expertise includes:
- Financial / operations, M&A advisory, including due diligence.
- Carve-Outs / TSA management.
- ERP & internal controls implementation, multi-site manufacturing & supply chain optimization (i.e., procurement, inventory rationalization, BOM, & labor management).
- Technical accounting and reporting (GAAP/IFRS/ASC 606), cost & managerial accounting.
- Interim and turnaround management.
- Business analytics, board package presentations, budgeting & forecasting.
- Aerospace, manufacturing, distribution & healthcare.
John has worked across multiple industries as both CFO and CAO (Chief Accounting Officer), some of his accomplishments that include:
- Creating the standalone infrastructure of a manufacturing division carved-out of a conglomerate and acquired by a private equity firm that included staffing all financial, HR, payroll and IT function, and replacement of all IT equipment and software.
- Led multiple aircraft parts inventory optimization initiatives for a major airline that included streamlining supply chains; rationalizing parts & procurement, order management, shipping & receiving.
- Developing multiple financial models to facilitate business planning and budgeting, acquisitions, financing, and strategic analysis.
- Implementing operational and financial dashboards, monthly reporting tools, and quarterly board of director reporting for multiple companies.
- Leading acquisition and divestment teams, including as CFO throughout sale preparation, due diligence, and post-acquisition transition.
John is a CPA and was senior manager with Ernst & Young. He holds a B.S. in Accounting from Connecticut State University, and Master’s in Business Administration degree from the University of Southern California.