Principal Consultant, Operations and finance
John Gorbutt has over 30 years of senior level experience in both operations and finance. As Senior Director of Mergers and Acquisitions, he has executed more than 75 mergers & acquisitions. He has also served as a CFO for a medical distribution and service company and as Vice President of Operations for a national distribution company.
John has specialized expertise in:
- Mergers, acquisitions, including operations diligence through post-transaction integration
- Operational and financial management
- Project management
- Plant and facilities consolidation
- Systems conversions
His experience and skills span multiple industries that include:
- Pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- High technology manufacturing
Selected accomplishments include:
- Executing more than $1 billion in mergers & acquisitions at McKesson/PSS World Medical covering financial and business due diligence, valuation, contract analysis, culture assessment and post-merger transition.
- Integration planning, analysis, and implementation across all functional areas.
- System conversions and controls implementation over accounting and financial reporting, cost analysis and reduction, inventory tracking, and profitability optimization.
John holds a Masters of Business Administration from Saint Louis University and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Production Operations Management from Southern Illinois University.