James F. Davidson
CPA, CFF, CFE, CM&AA, CIRA, CTP, CGMA, CM&AP, CBA
Jim Davidson brings business acumen from decades of corporate financial management. He is a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor, Certified Turnaround Professional, Certified Mergers and Acquisitions Advisor and Certified Corporate Director. He is also a licensed Certified Public Accountant with financial forensics specialization credentials (CFF, CFS, and FCPA), and a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE). He integrates diverse experience from public accounting, auditing, and consulting.
As an executive and member of boards of director in private industry, Jim has provided expert advice in the areas of insolvency, bankruptcy, financial and operational restructurings, turnarounds, and profitability improvement.
Jim uses his expertise to advise on matters of fraud, forensics, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, strategic planning, and corporate governance. His combined experience and professional qualifications fulfill the financial expert requirements defined by Sarbanes-Oxley, NYSE, and NASDAQ. He also serves on the Financial Executives International Committee for Small and Mid-Sized Public Companies.
Jim is president and member of the board of directors of the Los Angeles Chapter of Certified Fraud Examiners.
Jim has served in executive positions at both public and private companies ranging from entrepreneurial to multi-billion dollar firms. Jim transitioned to private industry after 10 years of accounting, auditing, and consulting for Big Four Certified Public Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers.
He served more than 10 years as a member of several boards of directors and in various financial and executive positions, including president and CEO, COO, CFO, secretary-treasurer, chief accounting officer, and corporate controller.
Jim has obtained diverse experience in many industries, including:
- Retail/wholesale distribution
- Consumer products/services
- Food processing and packaging
- Industrial products
- General and niche specialty manufacturing
- Construction and building materials
Also, Jim has vast experience in technology, defense, semiconductor electronics, energy – synthetic fuels, mining, oil and gas, real estate, e-commerce, agribusiness, finance, capital markets lending, and investing, insurance, and professional services.
Jim primarily serves middle-market companies ranging from $20 million to $1 billion in sales, private equity firms and their portfolio companies, merger and acquisition intermediaries, litigation attorneys and firms, bankruptcy trustees and examiners, and other professionals that would benefit from his expertise.
A university-certified facilitator and instructor, Jim has taught undergraduate and graduate courses in business and management. His courses have primarily related to accounting and finance, economics, business ethics, auditing, management, and critical thinking.
He has also presented given presentations to various professional and business associations such as:
- “Managing a Turnaround” at the Southern California Business Conference by the Los Angeles Venture Association and Harvard Business School Alumni.
- “Managing in a Down Economy: Doing More with Less” by the Los Angeles Venture Association.
- “Corporate Transgressions and Financial Reporting Gimmickry” at the National Fraud Conference of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
- “Turnaround Opportunities in Your Consulting Practice” for the Institute of Management Consultants.
- “Liability of Attorneys, Accountants, and Other Professionals in Ponzi Schemes” by the Beverly Hills Bar Association and ACFE.
Jim is a member of the following professional associations:
- Turnaround Management Association
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
- Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Institute of Management Consultants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Financial Executives International Small and Mid-Sized Public Company Committee Member
- Association for Strategic Planning
Jim obtained a master’s degree in business with an emphasis in finance and managerial accounting in 1976 and a bachelor of arts in 1974 from the University of California at Irvine. He attended executive certification programs at UCLA to obtain credentials such as Certified Director. He has been a licensed Certified Public Accountant since 1981. Jim is president and member of the board of directors of the Los Angeles Chapter of Certified Fraud Examiners.