Ellen K. Gordon
Ellen Gordon, CIRA, is a seasoned financial and operational executive, having over 20 years of providing leadership to companies requiring restructuring, loan workouts, federal and state receiverships and bankruptcies. As a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor, she has particular expertise in financial advisory and analysis, cash flow forecasting and modeling, forensic accounting, and analysis of macro-economic trends impacting various industries. She has demonstrated management and leadership abilities over a wide range of industries including: real estate and property management, construction, mortgage banking, healthcare, manufacturing, telecommunications, internet/E-commerce retail, restaurant management, and manufacturing.
Ellen’s recent accomplishments include the following:
- Served as financial advisor to the federal receiver, for which her responsibilities involved: Overseeing day-to-day management of the federal receivership estate
- Performing forensic accounting analyses
- Investigating past operations of the defendants
- Preparing multiple financial analyses for the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) and the Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”)
- Overseeing the orderly wind down and liquidation of the operations
- Represented the Small Business Capital Corp. in an SEC action related to the operation of a “Ponzi like” scheme and the defrauding of investors
- Represented the estate in an action brought by the FTC for fraud and misrepresentation against American Tax Relief Corporation
In her federal receivership work, Ellen served as financial advisor to the Chapter 11 debtor. She has worked closely with counsel and executive management to provide the full platform of debtor-side services to include:
- Pre-bankruptcy planning
- Developing information and analysis in support of first day orders
- Preparation of the SOFAs and Schedules
- Claims management and preference analysis
- Primary liaison to the creditors’ committee in the following cases:MPC Computers and subsidiaries, a $300 million computer manufacturing company
- Refco, in overseeing the initial $1.5 billion distribution to creditors within two weeks of plan confirmation eToys, with worldwide operations consisting of $130 million in sales and market capitalization exceeding $8 billion
- Advanced Telecom Group, Inc.
Ellen has significant claims management expertise that she has applied in significant cases as:
- Winn-Dixie, a major retail grocery chain of over 900 stores in the Southeastern United States
- Intrepid USA, a healthcare business in Minnesota with over 300 offices throughout the country
Prior to joining Avant Advisory Group, Ellen served as a Managing Director for Focus Management Group, Director for AlixPartners. She also launched the Case Management Services practice for another turnaround and financial restructuring firm.
In addition to holding her credentialing as a Certified Insolvency & Restructuring Advisor, Ellen obtained her Masters of Business Administration, with honors, from Chapman University and her Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Claremont McKenna College.