Douglas A. Turski
Mergers & Acquisitions Tax Diligence; Strategic Corporate & International Tax Planning; ASC 740 Income Tax Provisions; Interim Tax Director/Management.
Doug Turski, CPA, MST, has over 30 years’ experience spanning public accounting and auditing., corporate financial management, and consulting. He is an expert in the areas of corporate federal, multi-state, and international tax planning. His experience includes Big 4 M&A tax due diligence and transaction analysis; large company ASC 740 technical support; reviewing federal, international and state income tax returns; and entertainment and technology public company tax director roles; controller, internal and external auditor.
Doug’s industry experience is extensive with expertise in the following:
- Consumer products
- Manufacturing & distribution
- Construction & contracting
- Technology/software services
- Real Estate
Doug has deep technical tax expertise in due diligence, inbound/outbound international tax, transfer pricing, and consolidated returns. He has been involved in over 750 provisions including restatements, carve out calculations and related special tax projects, including the following specialty tax areas:
- Tax due diligence
- Tax restructuring, ownership change analysis under IRC Section 382
- Pre-and post-acquisition tax structuring, including Section 338(h)(10) elections
- ASC 740 Purchase accounting
- Transaction cost analysis
- FIN 48 Technical memos
- ASC 740 carve out calculations & restatements
- Post-Transaction Integration
- International tax planning
- ASC 740 tax provision preparation, review and audit support
Doug is a California licensed CPA, real estate broker, and a NFLPA-registered financial advisor. He holds a Master of Science in Tax (specialization in corporate and international) from Golden Gate University and is a graduate of the University of Southern California.