Profit & Performance Improvement, Data Analysis & Metrics Reporting, Systems Implementation
Dave Stark is an accomplished financial management and technology professional who advises enterprises and implements solutions for business performance analytics, data visualization, and management reporting. Dave helps improve profitability and strengthens competitive advantage by strategically applying his expertise in:
- Profitability analysis and improvement by product, channel, market, etc.
- Financial planning and forecasting
- System implementation
- Performance metrics and reporting
- Strategic planning
Dave has worked with industry leaders and emerging enterprises to help them achieve significant profitability improvement, for example:
- Gap: Integrated detailed cost and margin data across all products and brands to enable better product design and mix decision-making during each season’s planning cycle. Leveraging the solution, Gap improved Gross Margin by $300 million in the first year alone.
- Toyota Motor Sales USA: Implemented financial and operational data for 1,400 Toyota and Lexus dealers across the country, delivering insights into performance trends and opportunities that helped increase dealership efficiency and profit.
- Papa John’s: Executed a daily store sales performance solution for processing voluminous data from over 3,000 locations; the result was improved data reliability, faster availability of actionable information, and increased store profitability across the chain.
Dave’s industry experience includes:
- Professional Services
- Technology (including SaaS/Software & Tech Manufacturing)
- Consumer Products
- Retail, Fast Food (QSR)
- Banking & Financial Services
Dave has over 25 years of experience implementing Corporate Performance Management (CPM) solutions for Fortune 500 and mid-market companies, integrating data, and streamlining planning and decision-making processes. His earlier career background includes substantial financial management experience in Silicon Valley technology firms including accounting and FP&A roles in large companies and CFO in an early-stage navigation technology business.
Dave has presented at several conferences and business professional groups including Hyperion and Oracle user conferences, Financial Executives International (FEI), the Fisher Center Summit for Business Analytics, and the Association for Financial Professionals (AFP). Dave holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance and International Business from the Wharton School and has completed executive education courses at both the Harvard and Wharton business schools.