Adam Lewis, CPA
As a certified public accountant (CPA), Adam has nearly ten years of financial reporting, accounting, auditing, and tax experience addressing generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and tax basis reporting for both public and private companies. In addition, he has handled the accounting, financial reporting, and tax filings in support of high net worth investors, family offices, and private equity.
Adam has also worked closely with entrepreneurs, attorneys, investors, regulators and financial institutions in performing investment analysis, financial statement audits, tax planning and sensitivity analysis, workouts in distressed and bankrupt situations, and forensic investigations.
Additionally, he has broad experience with cross-border commodity sales, joint ventures, entity choice, purchase and exit planning, and asset allocation.
He has served in diverse roles as a managing partner, chief executive officer, chief financial officer, director of accounting and administration, director of finance, head of operations and advisor for private companies, and co-founder of his own ventures.
Adam has specialized experience and expertise in the following industries:
- Consumer products, packaging and services
- High technology
- Global distribution
- Real estate
- Financial services
Financial Advisory / Interim CEO & CFO / Controllership involving:
- Financial review for improvements to cost centers, neglected channels, effectiveness of marketing campaigns (digital and grass roots), and problem areas.
- Management of a personal care company that included vendor relations and negotiations, customer service, marketing and public relations, product formulation quality control, distributor liaisons, international expansion, inventory management, order processing, broker performance, IT, E-Commerce integration, web analytics, human resources, employee training, reporting, finance, and cost cutting efforts.
- Design of the multi-national accounting department of an IP company. Fully responsible for cloud based accounting software selection and integration, payroll management, budgets and forecasts, benefit design, employee reimbursement and firm-wide policy implementation.
Financial Due Diligence Involving:
- Financial and operational due diligence related to prospective private equity and venture capital acquisitions and dispositions in technology, biotechnology, consumer packaged goods, media & entertainment, and global E-Commerce sectors.
- Venture capital and special purpose vehicle entity choice, Limited Partner on-boarding and fund administrative set-up with a focus on tax and reporting optimization.
Adam graduated magna cum laude from the University of California at Santa Barbara with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Economics with an Emphasis in Accounting.